Child refrains from eating food. Going for de-worming but no improvement in appetite. Suggest?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My question: I am XXXXXXX my elder son is of 7 years, but very troublesome with taking food, he has a long school hours from 8.00 to 3.00 pm.
He always wants roti, bread, poori. but not happy in taking rice meals nor vegetables associated with the main course.
Regularly we all go for de-worming, still there is no sign on his improvement appetite on hunger and in take of food. Also he won't like Curd or butter milk. Milk also should be mixed with boost/complan and that too one glass per day.

Every week, i get fresh green or vegetables, all they are need is potato or ladies finger.

Kindly help me on the same.
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. K. C. Pant 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs change in your approach, see how....

Detailed Answer:

I am happy to note that he likes roti poori paratha etc ,his appetite is very selective.

You can boil vegetables and use stock for making roti,paratha or poori

Boiled vegetables can be used with ata noodles and pulao.

also use milk and curd in some recipies. take care of his taste.

You may use herbal liver medicine with multivitamin /enzyme syrups ,they may improve appetite and digestion.

take care.