Child prescribed Metal P for viral. Still have high fever. What to do?

My 14 month baby have viral ... Doc in the morning prescribed metal p.....three dozes given already...throughout the day fever was on and at midnight fever is 102.7....what should I do.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. I unserstand your concern. I suggest you to : -give combination of acetaminophen and ibuprofen as per dosage.15mg/kg 6to 8 hourly. -do tepid sponging of whole body. -give plenty if fluids. In the morning get her evaluated by pediatrician . Hope I have answerwd your query. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...
Follow-up: Child prescribed Metal P for viral. Still have high fever. What to do? 26 minutes later
Can we give crocin syrup if fevr cntinues....with sponging fever is 100.5 now.....shd we get him flu shots?
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 6 hours later
Brief Answer: yes give crocin Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Yes you can give crocin if fever is above 100F. Regarding flu shorts consult your strains are changing. Hopr this helps. Take care...