Child passing semi-solid stool after every meal, slightly underweight. What is the reason?

hello doctor, my baby is 8 months old.she passes stool regularly but since 2 months once in every 2 weeks she passes semi-solid stool immediately after every meal.she is very active but slightly underweight.even when she is having these troubles she aint weak or inactive. I am really worried about this pattern.what could be the reason?
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 37 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
I think she is getting extra feed apart from breast feed. Some times when child gets some contaminated food it can result in overgrowth of abnormal bacteria in the gut causing such problems and due to poor digestion develop failure to thrive like situation.
You should feed the child freshly prepared foods & discard the remaining amounts.
Feed her curds and rice with sugar regularly once in 3-4 days to restore the normal gut flora. Do not be worried it is temporary problem and child would regain weight.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!