Child on meftal-p for fever. Red rashes appeared all over face and neck. Side effects?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My daughter 1.5 year old has red coloured rashes all over her face and neck. she is taken 2 doses of Meftal-P syrup for high the rashes due to the medicine....?
Posted Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The rash your child has is one of the symptoms of a viral flu.

In most of the viral infections the rash starts after the fever subsides, may spread to the whole body or peak for a couple of days and then gradually subside on its own in few days to a week.

The rash might be associated with itching and may respond to antihistamine drugs like cetrizine or hydroxyzine.
The generalized rash is not likely to be due to a reaction to the syrup Meftal-P.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.