Child on domstal, junior lanzol for vomiting and loose stool. Now controlled. Any treatment needed?

Pediatrician, Critical Care
My son ( 3and half years) was down with vomiting, and loose stool. After taking Domstal and junior lanzol, there was no more vomiting. He passed green stool the next day, he was constipated the day after, and today passed one normal and one loose stool(watery). His appetite is back, though he is on non oily, no spicy diet. Suggest a course of treatment
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Tejas Shah 17 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query here.

It is good to know that his vomiting is controlled now. I hope he is not running fever.

From your description, it seems like a viral infection - gastroenteritis and currently in recovery phase.

I would suggest following-
1. Encourage juices, fruits and vegetables
2. Curd/Buttermilk should help a lot in providing healthy bacteria
3. Probiotic yoghurts are also available commercially
4. Zinc preparations like Zincovit should help in recovery if diarrhoea is continuing

If he is running fever, stools contain blood/mucus/very offensive then it needs to be tested and he may need antibiotics for that after consulting with Pediatrician.

Wishing your son a quicker recovery.

Dr Tejas Shah
Follow-up: Child on domstal, junior lanzol for vomiting and loose stool. Now controlled. Any treatment needed? 8 minutes later
No there is no fever, blood/mucus or foul smell, only watery stool. He is quite hungry and wants to have dal rice, chocolates, probiotic milk. Can I give them these?
Answered by Dr. Tejas Shah 4 minutes later
Thanks for reverting back. There is no harm in giving food he is liking to take. Acoid too much sugary drinks as they can cause loose stools. Well-balanced food should help in quicker recovery.