Child on breast feed is not having cold, cough or ear infection. What should I do to increase weight?

My baby girl is 5 month 2 week old.Her weight was 6.2 kgs at 4 month 2 week & now it is 6.3 kgs I have check this on same digital balance at doctor"s clinic.She is breastfed till now.Having feeding 9-10 times in 24 hours for 5-7 minutes. She doesn't have any cough ,cold or ear infection.What should I do increase her weight?
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later

I understand your concern.

Relax, do not worry your baby is gaining adequate weight.

Baby doubles his/her weight by 5 months of age and weight is three times birth weight by one year of age.

I really appreciate that your baby is EXCLUSIVELY BREAST FED.

Continue breast-feeding until 6 months of age.

After 6 months start complementary feeding that is boiled rice water, boiled pulses waterfall this is in addition to mothers milk.

One thing at a time and that too for 5 to 6 days before introducing another.

Hope I have answered your query; let me know if you have any other query.

Wishing your baby good health.

God bless!!