Child not taking breast milk. Having stomach with digestion problem. Does lactogen be given?

My baby boy has completed 2 months but he is not taking breast milk. We have tried every possible way but no result. Kindly suggest alternate. We are giving toned cow milk but I think due to which some stomach problem is also happening with digestion problem. Now we are thinking to feed lactogen but some says that as lactogent is sweet in taste in future it will increase the chances of diabetes. Plz suggest best alternative.
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 9 days later
Thanks for your query to healthcare magic.
I can understand your concern, sometimes some babies especially if born premature will have difficulty in breast feeding.

Have you tried expressing breast milk and then feeding your son? Always breast milk is better than top milk(lactogen etc).

Also if your baby still doesnt take breastmilk, then lactogen is superior to cow's milk. Lactogen does not cause diabetes. while giving lactogen make sure the preparation and dilution is appropriate to baby's age and is prepared under sterile conditions.

Im happy to answer any further queries in this regard.

Take Care,
Dr. Balaji Chinnasami, MD
Assistant Professor- Pediatrics.