Child not interested in eating. Want to increase his immunity

I have a son who is 2.5 years now. From child hood he is least interested in eating his food. We have to force feed him. Given our food the has it little but we feel that his stomach is empty. Would like to seek guidance to increase his imunity.
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 2 hours later
The best way to know if the child has good appetite, is to see the child growing serially on weight chart.
If the child is growing under the curve expected for the age or if the child is losing weight then its a serious concern.
So please let me know weight.

Healthy looking children who often are felt not eating, usually have one of the following:
1. constipation
2.tonsil or throat infection
3. cough wheeze problems
4. hyper activity
5. milk dominant diet
6. junk feeds dominant diet
7. iron deficiency or low hemoglobin or mineral deficiency.
8.indigestion due to acidity or chronic diseases

eating ha snothing to do with immunity. immunity is there in all kids except extremes of ages. those who lack immunity due to disease or other reasons develop frequent serious infections requiring hospitalisations.
food and water is best medicine.. to understand diet sheet you may visit WWW.WWWW.WW children often like to eat the food in the way they like the feeds to be presented.
Most kids improve in appetite once the mineral and iron deficiency is tackled.

thanks for patience. Please do write back if any part is not well understood.
Follow-up: Child not interested in eating. Want to increase his immunity 30 minutes later

Totally understood and agreed with what you have mentioned.

My son weighs 12.70 KG.

He is very active... you can say hyper active... he loves eating but yes not his food. We are feeding him as we are able to... is there any syrup / or should be consult any homeopath to increase him food intake capacity....

Or it can be that am thinking that his intake is less but he is ok....

He has little cough some times.... means when he coughs na you will feel that there is so much blockage but we have seen many of the doctors they say the chest is clear.... but the sound which he makes while coughing is very loud.

His sleep and all is OK... he some times gets up at night... but from last few days it is ok .. he is not getting up....

Do you suggest us any check up or any thing...

Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 3 hours later
hi again…
Weight is good so I am not worried about appetite.
Hyperactivity may be subjective perception… but if troublesome too often… it may need therapy.
Reduced intake may be attributable to cough… chest examination can be normal in cough…
This child may be given a trial of bronchodilator syrup due to occasional night cough… that to under supervision with or without antibiotics.
Homeopathy may not work… so don't go for it…
I would call this as otherwise normal.
Thanks for details. You may ask further if any part misunderstood.