Child not has clear voice and eats slowly. Should I be worried?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My child is 5.7 yrs old.She is very slow eater.She does not have clear speech also
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 22 hours later

Thanks for writing.

Do not worry. All you need to do is spend more time with her, build her confidence level to perform at home and at school. At the same time you may need to consult a general pediatrician and child psychiatrist to
a) rule out common causes for poor school performanc like anemia, thyroid problems, lead toxicity
b) child psychiatrist would be able to rule out any learning disbabilty provided there is no medical problem.

I still believe your kid is just passing through the uncomfortable early schooling blues and needs more attention and positive approach to improve her performance.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Dr Arun