Child knocked his teeth after a fall and got lip injury. What can be done to reduce the swelling?

My son had a fall today and knocked his front teeth( with bleeding)as well as getting a XXXXXXX cut( with skin flaps around) inside of his lower lip. His lip is swollen( upper and lower) Put lots of ice on it. Not bleeding anymore. I am not sure if his left front tooth is slightly shorter than the other.Do I need to take him to the doctor?
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 22 minutes later

As per the photograph sent by you, it is a XXXXXXX cut and may need to get stitched.
I suggest you to get him examined by doctor.

In the meantime continue applying ice compresses. You may give him ibuprofen for pain relief as per dosage. Give plenty of fluids; give ice cubes to suck; you can also give ice creams.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any other question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless you.!!