Child is sweating, had cold and runny nose. Help

Hi my child is 11 month old temperature is 35 but sweating, he had cold last 1 week, runy nose, worrying me the temperature, please help.

Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

If it is 35degree on Celsius scale you have mentioned , the temperature seems to be low and can be graded as moderate hypothermia and is a serious condition.

I do not consider that to be the condition in your child.The temperature would be recorded wrongly.The wrong temperature could be due the sweat he has. Sweating is usually seen more when the fever is subsiding and any infection present is reducing.

I suggest you not to panic, if the baby remains playful there is no need to worry.If there is any sign of irritation , cold skin, loss of conciousness which could be hypothermia then you may have to rush to the hospital.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.