Child is suffering from cold and cough. Given montair. Is this a childhood asthma?

Its regarding my 2.7 yrs old daughter. She is sufferring from cold & cough since last 1.5 mnths now.. & Since last 3 weeks doctor started giving her Montair Tablet once a day..Also I did nebulize her for 1 week initially with Duaolin & Budecort 5 ml each ..2 times a day. Later started giving puffs of both 4times a day . Dpctor said she is sufferring from Childhood Asthma...Not sure if she is on Chronic Or temporary stage ..... Need some advice
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 24 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concern when you are told that your daughter is suffering from asthma. It is too early to label it as chronic. Children at this age can present as asthma following a Family history of asthma, allergy, eczema may be pointers that the child may be developing it too.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back for any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts.

Wishing your daughter an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal