Child is restless and disturbing all others. What is the disease?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
my kid is restless and will not sit one place always roaming and disturbing to others, some times he is distrubing to other kids,
Posted Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 51 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query .
Not all hyperactive kids are necessarily categorised as having Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
There are specific criteria and a formal diagnosis needs to be made in a suspected child by getting him evaluated by a child psychologist or pediatrician .
In diagnosing ADHD, a doctor will assess whether a child has often behaved in some of the following ways, in more than one setting, for a period of longer than six months. The behavior also has to be negatively affecting the child's life — at home, at school, and in social situations:

1.Signs of inattention:
Daydreams, has a hard time paying attention
Has trouble listening to what's being said to him
Is easily distracted from tasks and play
Doesn't follow through on obeying instructions
Is disorganized
Loses important things
Forgets things
Doesn't want to do things that require ongoing mental effort
2.Signs of hyperactivity:
Often fidgets or squirms, seems to be in constant motion
Talks too much
Has trouble playing quietly
Often runs about or climbs in situations where it's inappropriate
3.Signs of impulsivity:
Blurts out answers before the whole question has been asked
Can't wait for things
Has trouble waiting his turn or standing in line
Acts and speaks without thinking
Runs into the street without looking
Interrupts others

Some kids may have predominant inattention and some predominant hyperactivity symptoms .
So if you feel that your child has most of these symptoms then do get him formally evaluated.
I assume you have been to doctors or therapists to control his behaviour . Kindly let me know the details of any investigations done or therapies undertaken so that I can guide you to the best possible solution .
Hope I have answered your query.
Awaiting your response,