Child is not able to sleep at night. Suggest?

Dear Sir,
My 4 month old daughter (Aleena) is not able to sleep at night from last 4-5 days. It is getting worst day by day. Yesterday she did not sleep for a single minute from 8 pm evening to 7 am morning. I am little worried on the changing behavior of her. But in general it seems she is not feeling any discomfort.

Can you please help me on this and let me know if i need to give her any meditation for this.
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Himanshi Kashyap 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX

After having ruled out any symptoms like cold, fever, pain in passing urine or stools or feeding related issues it could be concluded that the most common reason for a baby not sleeping in the night could be infantile colic.

Since there is no specific cause known for this problem, the best way of treating or tackling it would be:

1) Pacifying and soothing the child in the arm or taking the child in fresh air.

2) If the above is of no help then maybe try Flennel containing drops like Colic aid or Colimex. You could get it prescribed by her doctor.

Such colic might reoccur intermittently or disappear in few months time as the child grows up.

Hope to have answered your query. Kindly get back if you require any clarification.

Take Care