Child is having stuffy nose, rashes on chest and around eye. No relief from benadryl. Concerned

Hi, my son has a rash on his chest and back and under his hairline at the back and also a little bit around his eyes,..... a day before the rash appeared he said his head felt funny when he moved his head and the next morning he had a stuffy nose. He isn't scratching and says it is not itchy, and he says he feels fine (but he always says that because he is afraid of going to the doctor). I gave him some children's benedryl yesterday but it didn't make the rash go away...?
I should mention also that he started a gymnastics camp on Monday in which they play in a foam pit - and anyways, we thought that maybe he got the rash from the foam???
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Occurrence of the rash along with stuffy nose does indicate that it could be due to an allergic reaction elicited by foam as you suspect.

The sites involved with rashes are sensitive areas and are in congruence with those which could be exposed to the foam.

Do continue Benadryl a single night dose per day for another three days. If not subsided do take him to his treating doctor who can advice a better combination of antihistaminics.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.