Child is having stomach ache. Can gelusil be given safely?

My daughter is having stomach ache. She is 10 years old. Is it ok to give her 5ml gelusil, wait and observe and then take her to the doctor?
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Though acidity is common gelusil is not panacea

Detailed Answer:

Acidity is common amongst children but I would think of infections at this age than acidity.

Gelusil may not be the right drug now. It would good to check with the doctor directly for parasitic infection and food/water borne infections. They need antibiotic dosages which are available after examination and prescriptions.

It is better to see a doctor directly instead of waiting.

Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Child is having stomach ache. Can gelusil be given safely? 4 minutes later
ok... Thanks doctor. Also, one other question - is it ok to have oats for dinner everyday?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
I think you are talking about oats as dinner for you, if so yes it is good.