Child is having recurrent fever, vomiting and feeling fatigue. What is the disease called?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
i have an 11 year old sone who for the past 8 month will be fine and then he will get fatigued, start running a fever of about 101-102 vomitting and then about 24 hours later he is ok feels run down the first day then back to his old self. This happens 2 to up to 4 times a month. Also seems to have issues with food textures spits up alot not quite a vomit. Took to pediatrician but seems to blow it off due to non insurance. I WILL PAY ANYTHING I HAVE THE MONEY JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT IT MAY BE. PLEASE HELP FRUSTRATED!
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 15 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I need some clarifications from you.!

1 was your child completely normal before this.
2 is he growing up well,weight,height,,milestones,intelligence,etc.
3 have you changed anything in his diet,like soya ,brand of milk,etc?

Fever is common in school going kids and with the bad flu season there ,this can happen.
However 4 times per month ,sounds too much.

For recurrent fever and vomiting and fatigue,
1Food allergy
2 Viral infections
These 2 are the common causes.

If he has been growing well ,you can just watch him and see whether any particular food is causing this.

If it is affecting his growth and weight gain and general well being, then he may need some blood works and ultrasound abdomen.

Do not worry,
God bless
Good luck
Dr Uma
Follow-up: Child is having recurrent fever, vomiting and feeling fatigue. What is the disease called? 2 hours later
He is smaller than normal a bit. He is homeschooled. He is about 3 inches shorter than normal and 10 pounds under. He is not around alot of other children and germs. It's the same symptoms time after time not like a flu. Was normal prior to this about 9 months ago now
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 24 minutes later
Now with your update ,it may be more of food allergy. The chances of virus are less when he is home schooled.
Even food flavours ,food preservatives etc can cause a similar picture.
Pl keep a diary and note down what he is exposed to ,daily and that may give an indication of what he is allergic to.

It is worth doing some basic investigations like liver function tests ,renal function tests,blood counts and hemoglobin ,at least for you to be comfortable that there are no major issues of concern in the child.

Dr Uma

Follow-up: Child is having recurrent fever, vomiting and feeling fatigue. What is the disease called? 5 minutes later
I personally have MS, RA and was just diagnosed w lupus with a high XXXXXXX is there a possibility any thing passed on? Are you in Ohio? looking for a new doc for him now since IM blown off so much! IM afraid something serious but will take note and do the food diary. Thank You and God Bless you as well
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 4 minutes later
No sorry, I am a XXXXXXX pediatrician from India.

Some of these diseases have a genetic basis but his symptoms are different.

Hope my information has helped you.
Good luck

Dr Uma