Child is having rashes all over body and vomiting episodes after eating. Any suggestion?

Pediatrician
Question
My baby is vomiting just after eating anything (Even fluids). He is getting rashes on his body and face. Please suggest
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 9 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query.

It shall be better if you can provide us with the following information:
1. Since when is your infant son vomiting?
2. When did he last pass urine?
3. The type of rash that he is having and from when?
4. Is your son being breast fed or bottle fed?
5. Any medication that you have given?
If you can upload a photograph of the rash using the facility provided on this platform it shall be a great help in guiding you.

Kindly give your son 1/2 to 1 teaspoonful of water every 5-10 minutes for the next one hour. In case he does not vomit kindly increase the quantity. You may give him 1.5 ml. of Domstal syrup to control vomitings.

In case your son has loose motions then get the stool routine examination done.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing your son an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
http://goo.gl/SuCjl

Follow-up: Child is having rashes all over body and vomiting episodes after eating. Any suggestion? 6 minutes later
Dear Sir,

1. Since when is your infant son vomiting: From morning
2. When did he last pass urine? Afternoon
3. The type of rash that he is having and from when?: Small rashes on face and body and it is their from last 4 days. I have already raised a query for this issue.
4. Is your son being breast fed or bottle fed?:Breast Fed
5. Any medication that you have given? No

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 4 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for the update.

As suggested earlier kindly give him Syp. Domstal 1.5 ml. and then give him sips of water frequently. Hope he does not vomit again.

I would have appreciated if you had shared a photograph of the rash for me to comment on.

Wishing your son an early recovery.

Rajiv