Child is having lose motions and acidity. Given Norflox with pantaparazole and ORS. Suggest?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Question
my son is 12 years old having lose motions and acidity i have given him norflox tz with pantaparazole one hr back their is no pharmacy open right now he has gone for motion twice after taking medicine can i repeat same again i am also giving him ORS, NEED URGENT REPLY PLEASE
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to repeat before 12 hours.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, I would like to advise you that Norflox-TZ should be repeated at 12 hours interval.
You should not worry if he has gone twice for motion even after giving the medicine. Medicine will take its time to control the infection.

You should take care of the hydration of the child.

Lactobacillus preparation can be given for a better coverage.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Thanks.

Follow-up: Child is having lose motions and acidity. Given Norflox with pantaparazole and ORS. Suggest? 17 minutes later
which medicine should i give him to control the infection

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have already given the right medicine.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your response.

I would like to mention that antibiotic and anti amoebic controls the infection of the gastrointestinal tract. You have already given the medicine to treat the infection.
Norflox TZ contains Norfloxacin (antibiotic) and Tinidazole (anti amoebic).

I hope this answers your query.
If you have any further doubts, please mention.
Thanks.

Follow-up: Child is having lose motions and acidity. Given Norflox with pantaparazole and ORS. Suggest? 12 minutes later
my son has exam in morning which cant be avoided can i repeat med after 6-7 hrs so that he gets relief by morning

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be given after breakfast.

Detailed Answer:
I would like to assure you that your son will feel better in the morning.

I hope your son takes breakfast at about 7-8 AM before he goes to school.
The medicine can be given after he takes the breakfast, which will be about 6-7 hours from now.

Then from tomorrow you can set the dose of Norflox-TZ as after breakfast and after dinner.

Wishing him good health.
Thanks.