Child is having loose motion and vomiting. Temporary relief from taximo syrup. What to do?

my son is 2yrs and he was prescribed Taximo syrup for 6 days. He was okay after 3 days of administration of the drug but hes again started loose motions and he is not having food. I have restarted him on Taximo. What should i do. He also passes greenish stool
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 19 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. I can appreciate concern of a parent.

Please not the following.

Please do not restart the antibiotic without consulting your doctor.
Please take him to doctor, your family physician or pediatrician,as the illness has reoccur he might need some investigation like blood test, urine etc.
Without proper diagnosis antibiotics must not be given.
Again repeating same antibiotics in short span does not make sense.

>Please give plenty of fluids like: lemon water, juices, soups etc.Proper intake is must otherwise there are all the chances of dehydration. You can try variety of liquids that appeal him to drink. You should give small quantity at a time and give it frequently.

>Give him light diet like rice-dal, curd rice, fruits etc.

Please visit your doctor and get him examined and treated properly.

Wishing him good health and speedy recovery.