Child is having labial adhesions. Temporary relief from steroid cream. How to remove this?

My daughter is 4 years old and has labial adhesions often.we use a steroid cream for about 12 days util the akin opens up finding that the perenium area is turning brown and a little red.its upsetting to see on such a young child.she is also getting hair.why is this happening and with the hair and brown coloring go away?
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 4 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Labial adhesions can be removed without using steroid cream. It is a minor procedure. The application of steroid cream and its strength can be causing the discolouration that you are describing. I suggest that you stop using the cream and consult your doctor or gynaecologist who will clear the adhesions.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing your daughter an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal