Child is having high heart rate. On Ritalin and has vomiting. What to do?
User rating for this question
My 7yr old has been complaing off an on today bout his heart hurting.....his heart rate is 120 to 130 everytime we have checked it....he also will gag and almost vomit when he complains of the pain. I will also mention he is on Ritilan 10mg tid.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hyperacidity, Ritalin side effect, rule out cardiac Detailed Answer: Hi Dear Welcome to the XXXXXXX Your child is developing symptoms of hyperacidity, may or may not be because of ritalin. This can be prevented by supplementing with some drug like PPI (lansoperazole etc) daily empty stomach. along with this some antacid gel may be given to relieve the symptoms instantly. Regarding tachycardia ( high heart rate ) this also can be explained with the side effect of this drug ritalin. However cardiac investigations like ECG, Echocardiography etc to rule out any abnormality in anatomy or function of heart is important. Heart rate of 120 and 130 is not acceptable normally in this age group. One should consult pediatric cardiologist to get the best opinion. Hope the query is answered. Please feel free for further clarification. Thanks
People also viewed
- Vomiting and rapid heart rate
- High heart rate in kid and vomiting
- What is the highest baby temputure
- Does vomiting increases heart rate
- Does lettuce help babies sleep
- Coumadin side effects bldd in sperm
- Hoarness in a six week old baby
- Slow heart rate vomiting
- Twinges shoulder blades pregnancy
- High lymphocytes in baby
- Spondylitis pain in shoulder blades
- 5 month old baby hoarse
- Soreness under right shoulder blade
- Fast heart rate and vomit
- Gall blader stone remove in homio pathy?