Child is having hard bump at the base of skull. Easy way to remove this?

Feb 2013

My 7 year old daughter has just notice a bb sized hard bump at the left base of skull/upper neck. No pain, but we are wootied
The lump is in a fixed position..feels like a bone spur, however, the bump seems to be on a muscles/ligament rather then bone
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

With your description, the lump is due to a bony prominence of the skull bone or an enlarged lymph node.

Some times extra bone growth from skull bone also present like a hard bump which will be fixed to the underlying bone.

Physical examination of the child by the doctor is important to know the type of bump, and from which structure it is arising.

Stop worrying and get your child examined by the doctor.

I advise you to consult the pediatrician for examination and for appropriate management of the hard bump.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.