Child is having fever. Prescribed tylenol. Should I give tylenol 200 mg or tylenol 350m mg?

I am having a baby boy with 1 year & 9 months.
He is suffering from a high temperature.
We got Tylenol suppository.
He is now 14 kg.
Which volume we should use for the suppository: Tylenol 200 mg or Tylenol 350 mg?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards,
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Tylenol , in children, is given at 10 to 15mg per kg of weight for each dose.
For his weight, he should receive the 200mg dose of tylenol , this can be given in the suppository form like you have or by mouth.This can be given every 4 to 6 hours

Other aspects of fever management would be : dressing him in cool clothing, giving him cool or cold liquids to drink, tepid sponging him with tap water and the use of a fan if one is available.

In most children the fever is due to a viral illness like the common cold but if you have difficulty controlling it , then you may want to take him to see his doctor,

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions