Child is having fever. Giving crocin but no relief. Sponge bath helps. Advise?

My 2.5 year old daughter is having fever from morning. she is 12 kilos and we are giving 7.5 ml of crocin every 6 hours.. from past 6 hours temp is not reducing at all.. its always increases until I give her sponge bath. it reduces after sponge bath but increases gradually.. I am consulting pediatrician tomorrow, but worried about night now.. how to keep her temp under control now? with sponge bath, she shivers and I am scared to do that as well. can u please advice what I can do?
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Change the dosage to 5ml every 4 hours.

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Pediatrics, working with an experienced Pediatrician. I answer on his behalf.

Do change the Crocin syrup dosage to 5ml 4th hourly. This will ensure continuous action of paracetamol and reduce the fever.

Also do continue tepid sponging, you can keep her warm with sweaters if she presents with chills.

The continuous fever indicate infection. He has to be examined and searched for the focus of infection. he may have to be then placed on antibiotics to get rid of the symptoms.

Hope, I answered your query.