Child is having extra skin outside the tragus. Will it be removed with surgery?

Excellent

Question
hi
We were blessed with a baby girl and noticed that at Stragus from outside there is an extra skin will it be removed with surgery? any bad effects with this? her apperance is getting damaged
Plz advise
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

I assume your query is about an extra skin outside the tragus. Let me know if otherwise.

Yes, it can be safely removed with surgery. There are no bad effects of the surgery.

The results of the surgery are quite effective in expert hands.

Follow-up: Child is having extra skin outside the tragus. Will it be removed with surgery? 6 hours later
Hi Dr. Shanthi

Thanks a lot , when can it be operated as our consultant doctor told us to wait for 1 year. Does the postoperative look spoils the appearance? how much time does it takes for both the ears? How long baby has to be admitted in hospital...

Please do needful

Thanks
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 28 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,

Yes, I agree with your doctor to wait until 1 year. Please do so.

No, the post operative looks are better in expert hands.

It takes less than 2 hours to do both the ears.

Baby has to be in hospital for a day or two, not more than that.

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Thank you!

Follow-up: Child is having extra skin outside the tragus. Will it be removed with surgery? 9 hours later
Thanks U Dr. Shnati

Bye the bye can u refer any famous doctor , in which city u r staying next time i will share the pics of the baby ears too for your referance

Have good day
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

I see that you are currently at Hyderabad. I am at Bangalore.

You can consult a General surgeon at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad. I do know a few surgeons in AP but they are far off from your location.

The surgeons at Apollo hospital are skilled and have adequate experience. Hence, you may go ahead with it.

Sure, please do share the picture and keep me posted.

Thank you too.