Child is having eczema. Prescribed iron supplement. Could it be due to low iron level?

My daughter who is 11 has just been put on a iron supplement from the hospital after blood tests. She has very bad eczema too. My main question is about what it could be she was low in ferritin or just iron?? As the hospital told me her level was 13 but should be at 29( I don't no exactly what but that's what I was told) and she will need the supplement 3x a day for 3 months then re tested.
Everything I have read says 13 is normal range am confused as to why she is on Sytron Can you help make this clearer for me.
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Do you have those reports with you so that I can explain in detail.

If 13 is the Hb level you are talking of then it is in normal range.

Low Iron levels are noted in eczema.

What are the symptoms for which they were ordered?

Waiting for reports so that I can explain better.