Child is having cold and fever. Given T-minic syrup. Suggest?

Feb 2013

Hi Doctor,
My daughter is 6 months old. She is having cold past two days and fever from today evening. Fever measured as 99.8 Deg F. We given T-minic syrup for Cold at around 7 PM IST (2;30 PM GMT). If we give P125 for fever will it be good to give now or not supposed to give together when T-Minic has given. Kindly confirm this.
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It will be good to give now as child has fever now

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

You can give P-125 now as the child is having fever at present.

P-125 contains paracetamol and it can be given together with T-minic if there is fever.

T-minic can be given for cold every 8th hourly in prescribed dosage.

And P-125 can be given every 6th or 8th hourly in prescribed dose depending on the presence of fever.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.