Child is having cold, abdominal pain, headaches and loss of appetite. Medical cure?

Feb 2013

9 year old daughter has been complaining of stomach ache for three weeks, has also experienced headaches and chills off and on, she had what I would call a sugar crash from not eating two weeks ago, she fainted once last week when getting out of the bathtub. Tonight her temperature is 96.1. We had some lab work done last week, and everything came back normal
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 47 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

With the description of your child complaints of abdominal pain, headaches, loss of appetite, and the peripheral coldness all can be explained because of the drug concerta (methylpheniodate).

The fainting episode may be due to low blood glucose because of not taking food.

The low temperature of 96.1 degree F is due to peripheral coldness, which is seen with the drug effect of methylphenidate.

But physical examination of the child by her Pediatrician is important to come to a conclusion for the cause of her present complaints.

And I can try to advise you in a better way if you send me the lab reports done for this complaints in your next query.

Hope I have answered your query and awaiting for your follow up query along with the lab reports.