Child is drowsy. Given Colicaid. Is it due to medicine?

Today My 3.5 month old baby is very drowsy... I gave her colicaid yesterday afternoon abt 5drops. is drowsiness because of colicaid? And she is not showing intention to take toys.. She is just observing
Pls answer me... I am worried abt her
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Taher Kagalwala 42 minutes later

I am Dr. Taher. Thank you for addressing your query on health care magic. From what I understand, you are using "Colicaid" drops for her, presumably for excessive crying or gassiness. Well, there is NOTHING in Colicaid to give rise to drowsiness or any neurological effects. She may either be just sleepy or actually sick. You should wait no more than a few hours before re-checking her level of consciousness. If she still looks the same, take her to her pediatrician, especially if she is too drowsy or speaking incoherently. Also see if she is moving all 4 limbs and making age-appropriate sounds. If all these things are normal, then she is unlikely to be having a major problem.

Revert to me later in the evening if she isn't better and you could not visit her pediatrician earlier.

Dr. Taher