Child is complaining head spinning. From neurological and ophtalmological point of view everything is normal. Advise?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dear Dr. Konderan. My 4 years old daughter is for two weeks complaining about head spinning. I took her to doctor and he said from neurological and ophtalmological point of view everything is ok...did you ever met with such case? Would you please be so kind and advise me on which other steps should I take? Many thanks in advance.
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to get her evaluated by an ENT specialist

Detailed Answer:
The feeling of head spinning ( Vertigo) in a 4 year old can be due to-
a). Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is the most common form of vertigo and is characterized by the sensation of motion initiated by sudden head movements or moving the head in a certain direction.

b).Vertigo may also be caused by inflammation within the inner ear (labyrinthitis or vestibular neuritis), which is characterized by the sudden onset of vertigo and may be associated with hearing loss.

c).Meniere's disease is composed of a triad of symptoms including: episodes of vertigo, ringing in the ears (tinnitis), and hearing loss. Patients can be asymptomatic in between episodes.

d). Head trauma (even unknown to the victim) and neck injury may also result in vertigo, which usually goes away on its own. It may start with or end with dizzy spells.

I would urge you to see an ENT specialist so that cause can be established thereafter treatment begins.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow-up: Child is complaining head spinning. From neurological and ophtalmological point of view everything is normal. Advise? 8 hours later
Dear Dr. Tayal,

thank you for your reply. I immediately organised for my daughter a session with ENT specialist, but the earliest available time was on Monday. I hope the doctor will find the reason of my daughter´s head spinning.
I wish you a nice day.

Jana Truchlikova
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do keep me informed regarding her progress.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
I am glad I could help.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards