Child is active and knowledgeable but is not eating food properly and skin is also becoming dull. Advise?

Feb 2013

My daughter she is very active and knowledged person. She study';s very well but not eating food properly. She looks very thin and her skin color was very good when she born but now its becoming dark .Please advise me. Physically she is very active
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please provide her present weigh and height

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

What is her weight and height at present?

And what is her birthweight and length at birth?

If you provide these parameters, I can check whether her growth is normal or less by charting on the standard growth charts.

As she is physically active, academically good, nothing to worry.

Appetite is little bit less in children around this age group.

But any underlying causes of decreased appetite such as vitamin deficiencies, anemia, and worm infestation has to be ruled out by physical examination and investigations. If any of them is present, it can be treated accordingly.

Coming to skin color, it is genetically determined and by giving balanced, nutritious diet the texture, color, and tone can be maintained.

I advise you to kindly furnish the above details to advise you in a better way.

Awaiting for your details in the follow up query.