Child height is 81cm. Is it in normal range?

Feb 2013

my son is 15month old ,my query is hes 81cms long is it normal coz whn I see othr child of same group thy are tall and he still dosent speak and hav got only 2 teeth.he doesnt eat properly.i feed him ragi malt in morning and giv him khichdi in aftrnoon and eveng. is it rite diet.plz advise.
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 3 hours later
Brief Answer: height is normal. family pot feeding. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Your child height of 81cm is in normal range as per the growth charts so nothing to worry. The height of the child usually depends on the length at birth, genetic constitution, and parents' height. So there are variations in the height of same age group children. As the child present length is normal as per the growth charts nothing to worry. Teeth eruption will vary in time and the remaining teeth may erupt in between the age of 16 to 30 months of age. True speech usually starts from the age of 15 months onwards, so you can wait some more time to listen words from you son. The appetite decreases after the age of 1 year due to the the decreased growth rate which happens in all most all kids. This is one phase in child's life and it passes away as he grows. Try to feed him patiently and encourage him to eat by himself and make meal time more fun and enjoyable. The diet you are giving at present is right and you can give home made diets which you are preparing for your family (family pot feeding). Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.