Child having white head pimple like bump on the sclera of eye. Has milia on face and tiny red blood vessels surrounding it. Concerned?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Hello - about 4 days ago I noticed a whitehead pimple like bump on the white of my newborn's eye. It's on the white part of her right eye near on the inside corner near her nose. She will be one month old in three days. She currently has milia on her face, and the bump in her eye looks similar to that except I can see tiny red blood vessels surrounding it. She doesn't appear to be uncomfortable or in any pain. It has not changed or gotten any better in since I first noticed it. We have an appointment with the pediatrician after Labor Day. Should I be concerned and take her to a clinic or hospital?
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may be a benign pinguecula

Detailed Answer:
What you describe may be something called pinguecula of the sclera.

You have to show the baby to an ophthalmologist for examination with slit lamp and diagnosis.

It is usually not something to worry about.

It is a benign condition.

God bless

Dr uma