Child having stomach pain, started vomiting and feeling lethargic. Could it be glandular fever?

My 12 year old daughter has been sick for 5 days now - pains in her lower stomach, vomiting mostly at night, eating very little, extremely lethargic but no fever.I am trying to keep her fluids up and she is drinking regularly. She has just fallen asleep on the couch in mid- sentence and I am concerned! She is in week 2 of her menstrual cycle as that was my 1st thought however it doesn't seem related. It is the lethargy that is concerning me the most. My dr can not fit us in until Monday ( it is Friday). I did wonder about glandular fever as my son had it when he was 5.
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 hours later
Thanks for the question posted.
I would be pleased to answer your question .

I would suggest that the best would be to keep her well hydrated and get a Sonography of the abdomen and pelvis as early as possible . Even a visit to the ER would be advisable to get a scan done.
A blood work up to check for the fluid and electrolytes would be advised.
She will need to be examined clinically for any enlargement of lymph nodes , Liver or lumps in the lower abdomen .

Please do visit the ER .

Thanks and Take care