Child having stomach pain and passing gas. Having slight fever also. Suggest the treatment?

Hi Doctor,

My daughter is 2.5 years old. She is complaining of stomach pain since early morning. She has been passing gas once in a while but she has not passed any motion since yesterday. Can you please advice. I feel she has a very slight fever too.

Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Buscopan suppository will help

Detailed Answer:

It seems like your child is constipated. The pain is due to not passing stools since yesterday.

You could take your baby to the doctor and get a Buscopan suppository prescribed. This has to be inserted into your daughter's anus. In some time, she would pass the stools. Following this, her pain will subside.

Alternatively, you can also give your daughter Syrup Cyclopam around 2.5ml stat dose to relax the intestines.

It would be ideal to take her to the doctor at the earliest to prevent her from suffering more with the stomach pain.

Do nothing for the slight fever now.

I hope you have followed my suggestions.

I wish your daughter quick recovery. Let me know if you have more queries.