Child having soft mushy lump under the skin in forehead. What could this be?

Tonight I was feeling my 19 month old's forehead and noticed a soft mushy lump under the skin. It is not visible when looking at him. It doesn't feel round, but rather more mushy and disorganized. What could this be?
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. Swelling over forehead in toddler could be due to: - any minor soft tissue injury which is recovering. -lipoma -contact dermatitis. I suggest you to observe it for few days. Look if it is increasing in size/any itching or discomfort/any skin discoloration. In case it persist get him evaluated by pediatrician as physical examination will be needed. Hope I have answered your query, let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your child good health. God bless..