Child having soft mushy lump under the skin in forehead. What could this be?
User rating for this question
Tonight I was feeling my 19 month old's forehead and noticed a soft mushy lump under the skin. It is not visible when looking at him. It doesn't feel round, but rather more mushy and disorganized. What could this be?
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. Swelling over forehead in toddler could be due to: - any minor soft tissue injury which is recovering. -lipoma -contact dermatitis. I suggest you to observe it for few days. Look if it is increasing in size/any itching or discomfort/any skin discoloration. In case it persist get him evaluated by pediatrician as physical examination will be needed. Hope I have answered your query, let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your child good health. God bless..
People also viewed
- What could be the cause of lump under skin
- Lump under skin on forehead
- Soft lump on neck under skin child
- Eating non veg while fever
- Eating instant noodles when having a fever
- Genital herpes testing in men
- Can patients with high fever eat sweets
- Eating fish while having fever
- Severe gingivitis symptoms
- Eating fish and rash on face
- Geographical tongue and viral infection
- Swollen lymph nodes glands
- How to shrink swollen glands
- Soft lumps under skin
- Have movable lump under skin what could this be