Child having severe wheezing. Taking augmentation syrup, muculite, printon cs, azithral and wysrone. Having loose motions. Worried?

ENT Specialist
My son has severe wheezing for past two days. Doc has prescribed augumentation syrup, muculite, printon cs, azithral, (all 5ml) , wysrone XXXXXXX (3/4th of 5mg).all this apart from asthalin nebulizer. His wheezing has improved, but he has loose motiin from morning. I am worried as to what I have to do
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 3 hours later
Hi, thanks for the query.

Well, the prescribed medicines are the best combination for this condition. The loose stools are due to syrup augmentin which is an antibiotic preparation. it has amoxicillin as one of its constituent which is responsible for loose motions.

you can now stop this as already there is another antibiotic azithral.

After stoping, just wait for 2 days and the child will improve definitely.

Hope this will help you and I am ready for future follow ups.