Child having severe cough at night and vomits. Ige test is positive. Suggest treatment

Excellent
Question
dear sir, my daughter has 3 year old. she suffering from severe cough because every night she coughed too much after this she vomites . means evry night when she is going to sleep the cough will start and vomit . i have gone to ENT expert he prescribed for elergy test and test is (ige) positive . so give me suggestion to control cough and vomiting .
for your kind information
they have given xyzalo-m tb
syp lucrafil
syp reswas
sir , for above i want to add two more point that my daughter has suffering from last 4 month , i have gone through many doctors but still she is suffering.
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please give further details.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.
I can understand your concern.

I request you to give further details so that I can answer your query better.
Does she have cough only before she goes to bed? Is she symptom free most of the day? Does she have cough only on lying down?
Does she have any other history of allergies like skin allergy or allergy of eyes that is allergic conjunctivitis or nose allergy?
Is there any family history of allergy or bronchial asthma?
Does she have any fever or history of weight loss?

Please reply in detail so that I can answer you better.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
M.D.(Pediatrics)
Associate Professor of Pediatrics

Follow-up: Child having severe cough at night and vomits. Ige test is positive. Suggest treatment 1 hour later

respected sir,
i am going to give answer to all your questions.
1. Does she have cough only before she goes to bed?
Ans: no sir , whole day she has little bit cough but when they go to bed for sleeping at night cough becomes more more stronger and after this she vomits . i would like to share a scenario like during coughing , the toungue will comes out and vomit.

2.Is she symptom free most of the day?
Ans:yes sir most of the day she is free from symptom

3.Does she have cough only on lying down?
Ans: yes sir when she go to bed for sleeping then the cough will start but if she will awake up till 12 pm then there will no cough but when they go for sleeping cough will start

4. Does she have any other history of allergies like skin allergy or allergy of eyes that is allergic conjunctivitis or nose allergy?
Ans: sir there is no such types of historical report , but i want to clear that she is also suffering from consipation . the stool will come out as harder and she cries because of stool come out with dry during latrin. i have gone through many test like
Liver test and thyroid test both are normal ,For this i am using daily “isabgol bhushi” so that stool become softer. If she is ok then sudden the weight will increase and look good. But if she is not good due to consipaton and cough her weight will goes down suddenly

5.Is there any family history of allergy or bronchial asthma?
Ans:no
6.Does she have any fever or history of weight loss?
Ans no

Sir peruse this matter and plzz short out my daughter problem because she is only 3 year old

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
symptoms are suggestive of reflux

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Some of the symptoms are suggestive of reflux. See that your child does not lie down immediately after having meal. See that there is time lag between having food and lying down. Some times pro kinetics and antacids as prescribed by your doctor will be required. Elevation of the head end of the bed may help.
Some times bronchial asthma may present like this. Here usage of bronchi dilators lisalbutamol etc in inhaled form may be required.
Preventor therapy may be required if the symptoms are severe and frequent.
Hope this helps.

sir as per the suggestion can you prescribed me some medicine for for their consipation so that the stool become softer from harder ... because it is very dificult for my daughter . she has 3 year old and she cry during stool passing (latrin).
only give me medicine name for consipation

thanks

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dietary changes are better than medicines.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Medicines have short term effects only. They may keep the stool soft for a few days. But in the longer term dietary and lifestyle changes are important. We give Syrup Lactulose for our patients with constipation. But this is only for a short duration of around 10 days or so during which time life style changes can be built up.
Give her diet XXXXXXX in fiber. Fresh fruits and vegetables are important.
Let her play actively and do not allow to sit in front of the television or computer.
Avoid junk foods like chocolates, soft drinks, colas, sweets, etc.
Give her plenty of water to drink.

Hope I answered your query.