Child having redness and pain in one hand. Could it be related to bath?

My nine year old has had a bath and one of her lower arms has turned red and she is complaining of it feeling painful. The water in the bath was not that hot and none of her other apprendages are red. Any idea what it could be?
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Redness and pain just in one hand cannot be related to bath even if water was hot.
This must be some local injury or insect bite, which she might not have told you.
Just inspect her hand once, specially the finger web spaces to look for any injury or insect bite.
If the redness is still there kindly take a photograph of it and upload, this will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself on the right side of this query page. You may want to utilize it.
For instant relief apply hydrocortisone lotion and give her some anti histamine like cetrizine.
Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Wishing your child a good health.
Thank you