Child having red skin rashes on stomach, face and neck. Advice lotion to reduce rash?

From past few days our baby is having skin rashes(especially in stomach,face and under neck).In some areas,it is turning red.She earlier had diaper rashes which reduced after we started using "Himalayas diaper rash cream".We are constantly applying Johnson's lotion and powder all over her body. Some days rashes are less and more on some other days.
We wash her clothes with Surf excel washing powder in washing machine.And we also apply her "turmeric" everyday while bathing.(from 4th month).
I wonder if detergent or turmeric are the cause for her rash.Please advice which cream or lotion would be best for her which can reduce rashes
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 3 hours later

I think your baby may have got baby eczema.

If the rash is dry you may use aquas ointment. If the rash is weepy try aquas cream. This should help her.

Eczema is not a disease but disorder. It may be aggravated by certain food, also allergens in atmosphere. Keep an eye and try to find out which food (if any) aggravate the condition.
Please use cotton dresses instead of synthetic fibres. I think use the soap Dove with out fragrance.

If the condition gets worse and rashes appear infected, please take the baby to Pediatric dermatologist for assessment and treatment. Most of the babies get out of it in the course of time.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Kindest regards
Dr S.K.Mukherjee