Child having recurring boil in the same area. What should I do?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2012
Jul 2012

Dermatologist
Question
Hi I'm XXXXXXX a mother of 10months baby boy... My baby had a boil since he has in 4 month old and it healed.... Then after a month it come back.... Now he had a boil again in the back of his head.... Want should I do it's always come backb in the same area...
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 9 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Do not worry. This boil if recurrent & in the same place, appears to be cystic in nature. It will either go away spontaneously or can be excised completely under local anaesthesia by your local surgeon or competent GP or dermatologist on the ground (as per the requisities of your health system in your country). It appears a minor issue, easily sorted. Relax..all will be well soomn Wish you & your baby continued good health!. Do hope this answers your query & we can close this query & do give us your feedback if time permits. Cheers & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD