Child having raised red lump near anus and redness all around. Worrisome

Neurologist, Surgical
My 33 month son has a raised red lump near anus and also redness all around. The lump seems to appear at random intervals. Every 3-7 days for last month or so.
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 2 hours later

I was able to view the picture. I feel this could be an allergic phenomenon or a perianal abscess if it is tender and associated with fever.

Watch out of diaper rash and change the diaper regularly. Also visit a pediatrician if the rash doesn't disappear or fever occurs.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other enquiries.