Child having loose motion after eating, refrains from having ORS. Suggest?

Hi, my son is 3.5yrs. He vomited 3 times yesterday and from morning 4 times loose motions. Especially, after eating.
I have tried to give him ORS, but he refrains to drink it as he doesn't like the taste of it.
Which medicine can I immediately give him before I take him to my pediatrist in the evening.
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Any fluid will do...

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. Persistent vomiting and loose stools can double the risk of dehydration. It is necessary to keep him hydrated as much as possible. If he doesn't like the taste of ORS you can alternative with any other fluids. Rice gruel (kanji) and coconut water are my favorites alternatives. If he doesn't like any of these, you can just give him plain water.

I hope you are consulting his pediatrician very shortly. It is important to identify infection / toxin causing gastroenteritis. Presence of fever and abdominal cramps along with vomiting and loose stool are indicators to those. In the absence of infection / toxin, he can be treated with domperidone (10mg/kg body weight) and probiotics (lactobacillus).

Hope this helps. Write back for enquiries/clarifications.