Child having knock knees. Should I go to a orthopaedician?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
My daughter is 4.6 years old and has a condition called "Knock Knees". I noticed it recently when I told her to stand in attention and read about it online and heard it is completely normal for children during this age group. What would you recommend I should do now that I have noticed and read that it is a condition that can be corrected. Do you recommend that I show this to a Orthopedics specialist?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 25 hours later
Brief Answer: It is normal and correctable. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. You heard correctly that knock knee during this age group is completely normal and correctable. In some children it persist or increases due to hereditary or metabolic bone disease. I suggest you to get your daughter examined by an orthopaedician to rule out any metabolic bone disease and to alleviate your anxiety. Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern. Take care.
Follow-up: Child having knock knees. Should I go to a orthopaedician? 20 hours later
Thank you Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: I would appreciate your reviews about this service Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I am glad that I could address your concern. Hope this discussion was useful. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service.