Child having high fever, leg pain and headache. What is the reason for this?

5 year old with 102.6 fever back and leg pain and headache
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It seems like viral fever

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry about the 5 years old kid's current health condition. The fever is high at 102.6

Also, there is back and leg pain along with headache. These are features of viral fever.

I hope the child is put on Panadol or Acetaminophen tablet/syrup every 4 hours to take care of the high fever. If not, please start the medicine at the earliest. You can give the child around 5 ml of the syrup Acetaminophen or around 125mg of Panadol kid tablet. This will reduce the temperature. It will also take care of the headache and the pains.

Give the child plenty of fluids to drink orally. Do tepid sponging with cold water and a soft towel every hour to keep the temperature at normal.

If the fever and other symptoms does not subside or increase in next 24 hours, it is better to take the child to a pediatrician to be examined.

I wish the child recovers quickly.