Child having high fever. Blood test showed DLC - 0000 and ESR - 30. Is it safe to take azee200 syrup?

my 6 year old nephew has fever like 103+ degree from last 3 days , so we talk to doc , they check blood test and she found DLC is 0000 and ESR is 30 , so doc says he has infection and doc advice for AZEE200 syrup , i just want to know its good for him or not, if u have any good medicine for him please suggest me
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 39 minutes later

You said that your 6yrs old nephew got high fever for three days and has been prescribed antibiotics according to his blood tests.

The blood test results show high White cell count and ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate).
Together with high temperature, I totally agree with his doctor, it is definitely due to bacterial infection the doctor is justified to prescribe antibiotics.

You have queried about the choice of antibiotic. Usually doctors prescribe the most common antibiotic they are familiar with, provided the patient is not allergic to it. If the antibiotic does not work, then blood culture is done for culture and sensitivities and appropriate antibiotic is prescribed.

I advise you to persevere. I wish your nephew to get speedy recovery.
Dr. S.K.Mukherjee
Follow-up: Child having high fever. Blood test showed DLC - 0000 and ESR - 30. Is it safe to take azee200 syrup? 1 hour later
doc suggest AZEE200 , i just want to ask abt this medicine , is this medicine is good antibiotic or not for this condition , will it help to reduce fever ?
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 1 hour later

This antibiotic is called AZITHROMYCIN similar to ERYTHROMYCIN. It is well known to work in skin infection, kidney infection and typhoid fever. It should work unless the germ is resistant to it.

That is why I mentioned about blood culture and bacterial sensitivity if the antibiotic does not work. The antibiotic takes some time to start working.

I hope I have answered your queries.
Kindest regards Dr. S.K.Mukherjee