Child having hard stool with some bleeding and soreness in sacral area. What is causing this?

pediatrics my son, age 6, fell while playing a week
ago. He has recently had some urinary leakage and today c/o hard stool with some bleeding (bright red). he is still c/o some soreness in his coccyx/sacral area. could this all be related possibly due to a fracture from the fall and what could be done if anything? (the fall was on grass).

Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Thanks for the question. I am sorry to hear about your son's fall.

Both urinary leakage and blood in stool can be part of injury to sacral region. Though it's not common to get such XXXXXXX injury after minor fall, I am suggesting this as he still has pain in the region of injury. Fractured bones of pelvic girdle can sometimes injure urinary bladder and bowel loops.

Seeing doctor and if needed getting a XXXXXXX done would be ideal next step.

If injury is rule out, then the doctor would like to evaluate him for blood in stools. There are many other causes which can present as blood in stool.

Hope this answers your question. Please ask if there are doubts.