Child having giddiness. Which doctor should I consult?

Hi Sir, My son is 4 years 4 months old. He is very active .but complains of giddiness sometimes. in this week two times he complained of giddiness for few seconds/minutes and later he said he is fine.I am worried. Please let me know whom to contact or what is the medicine for his problem..
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 10 minutes later

Thanks for the query

I have noted your complaints

The possibilities of the above complaints in a child of 4 years' of age could be

1. Seizures 2. Child hood migraine

Your son will require evaluation by a neurologist. The tests which will be helpful are electroencephalogram (EEG). Also check his haemoglobin.

Please XXXXXXX a local neurologist, preferably a paediatric neurologist. They will help you through clinical evaluation and investigations

Please get back to me if you have any concerns
Best wishes