Child having fever, stuffy nose, no abdominal pain or bloating. What is causing this?

My 8Year old daughter is having fever since 5AM today morning,has also vomitted thrice in 4 hours,has stuffy nose but with no abdominal pain or bloating. Given Crocin ds in the morning and ondem syrup just about 30mins before. What is the possible reason for this illness? Should I continue with this medication or change?
Posted Sun, 13 Jan 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Kaushik K Murthy 2 hours later

I went through your query in detail. Looking at the symptoms, I feel the child may be having viral fever with upper respiratory tract infection.

Currently , you can continue with paracetamol syrup at a dose of 10 to 15 mg/kg/dose. For vomiting you can give the medicine you have mentioned in the query, three times a day 20 min before the meals. Give food in small quantity but more frequently, avoid fried food , avoid artificial flavoured food. There is no requirement to change the medicine this soon, we can wait for the next two or three days for the current symptoms to subside. Mean while watch for rashes, continuous cough and difficulty in breathing (like sounds like breathing, abnormal chest movement), loose stools, drooling of saliva, change in voice.
If you find any of the above mentioned symptoms or if the fever is not subsiding on day 3 and continuing , then your child will need immediate medical attention.
Hope that helps